Who Needs An Aquatic Resource Alteration Permit (ARAP)?
Any persons who wish to make an alteration to a stream, river, lake or wetland must first obtain an ARAP. Examples of stream alterations that require a permit from the Tennessee Division of Water Pollution Control (division) include:

» Dredging, excavation, channel widening, or straightening
» Bank sloping; stabilization
» Channel relocation
» Water diversions or withdrawals
» Dams, weirs, dikes, levees or other similar structures
» Flooding, excavating, draining and/or filling a wetland
» Road and utility crossings
» Structural fill

Show All Answers

1. What is the Town's Level of Service Regarding Maintenance of The Drainage System?
2. How Do I Report Illegal Dumping Into The Storm Sewer System?
3. Who Needs A Grading Permit?
4. Who Needs An Aquatic Resource Alteration Permit (ARAP)?
5. How Do I Appeal A Notice of Violation (NOV) or Civil Penalty Assessment?
6. Is It Ok To Discharge My Pool Over My Lawn?