What can be done about overgrown yards and lots?

Farragut Municipal Code Sec. 14-33. - Weeds. No owner, or agent of such owner of any lot, place or area within 100 feet of an occupied building which building is located within in the Town, shall permit on such lot, place or area, or upon any sidewalk, driveway, trail, greenway or path abutting the same, any weeds, grass, or deleterious, unhealthful growths, or noxious matter, that may be growing, lying, or located thereon to exceed a height of 12 inches. This section does not apply to the owner or operator of an operating farm. 

If the grass/weeds exceed the maximum height of 12 inches feel free to file a concern by visiting www.mygovernmentonline.org and clicking on Solution Center. If this is your first time filing a request online through the MyGovernmentOnline portal, please create an account. Click here for instructions on creating a MyGovernmentOnline account. Please be aware that a confirmation phone call from MyGovernmentOnline will be sent to the phone number associated with the new account within 15 minutes of account creation. The account will not be activated unless the call is answered. 

Once you have created a new account or logged in to an existing account, click on Solution Center to file your request. Click here for instructions on filing a new request. Once your request has been received, a member of Town staff will investigate the concern and you will receive updates via email. You may also log into the MyGovernmentOnline system at anytime to view your request by clicking on MY ACCOUNT.

Show All Answers

1. What if I want to address a concern with the Mayor and Board of Aldermen?
2. What can be done about overgrown yards and lots?
3. Who do I need to contact for a concern regarding animals?
4. Does the Town of Farragut have a noise ordinance?
5. I have seen ATV's in Farragut subdivisions, what can be done about this?
6. Do you have a concern about a Town park? Check to see if your concern is indeed at a Farragut park.