The Visit Farragut program is focused on growing business-related revenue through supporting our Town’s retail, entertainment, dining, and hospitality-oriented businesses. When our local businesses thrive, the Town thrives. This allows the Town to provide high-quality services that benefit the local community and are attractive to visitors.
- Promoting revenue generating town assets
- Leveraging hotels to grow visitation
- Maintaining a Visit Farragut website and social media platforms to provide a pleasing and authentic experience for users
- Involving and educating the business community, stakeholders, and citizens on the value and impact of tourism
- Supporting special events that attract visitors and residents to retail, dining, and entertainment, and hospitality-oriented businesses
- Deploying the Mobile Visitor Center to local businesses and community events
- Training Visit Farragut Ambassadors
- Publishing collateral such as Dining Guides, Maps, History Walk Brochures, Visitor Guides, etc.
- Engaging businesses in Visit Farragut social media content
- Hosting local events such as Summer Concert Series, Hospitality Luncheon, Songwriters Series, FAM Tours, etc.
- Promoting the Visit Farragut program through media outreach such as tv interviews, civic club speaking opportunities, press releases, etc.
- Overseeing the Tourism and Visitor Advisory Committee and development of strategic plans
- Administering the ARP Funds for department goals such as wayfinding, visitors guide, digital restaurant trails, Mobile Visitor Center equipment, etc.
- Supporting other Town departments special events such as Light the Park, Freaky Friday Fright Night, Party in the Park, etc.
- Planning of departmental budget and advertising spending plans
- Producing a quarterly newsletter for visitors and businesses
- Maintaining awareness of tourism trends